Originally from the flat lands of Indiana, Karsten Delap has found his obsession in the mountains. He has climbed extensively throughout the United States including Grade V big walls in The Black Canyon, Long's Peak, and Zion National Park. Karsten's passion as of late has turned to big alpine pursuits. He has climbed many peaks over 17,000 ft in Bolivia and Ecuador as well as guided major alpine objectives in Africa and Argentina. Karsten spends his springs working in the High Sierra and the rest of the year traveling the world looking for new climbing adventures. Follow Karsten on his adventures here: http://www.karstendelap.com
Training and Certification
- AMGA Certified Rock Guide
- Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician (WEMT-b)
- Leave No Trace Masters Educator
- AIARE Level II Avalanche Course.
- Instructor Pool for the AMGA Single Pitch Instructor program
- Instructor Pool for the Climbing Wall Instructor program